Saturday, September 1, 2012

Back to School!

Life

I've officially reached the point where the blog is no longer a weekly effort (see ya later, summer).  Life has been too busy for blogging.  I am back at school - a new school - and the first few weeks have been great.  Really awesome kids - seventh grade is a good match for me.  And, I am going to be coaching cross country, which I am excited about.  I don't really know the rules yet, but I'll learn as I go along.

Anyway, here are a few photos I've been meaning to share...

What's in the Box - Sometime in August #1


- Basil
- Eggplant
- Tomatoes
- Apples
- Peppers
- Onions
- Peaches
- Pears
- Nectarines
- Garlic
- Cantaloupe
- Potatoes
- Rosemary

What's in the Box - September 1



- Potatoes
- Basil
- Nectarine
- Thyme
- Peppers (Mild and Spicy)
- Tomatoes
- Eggplant
- Asian Pears
- Pears
- Apples
- Zucchini (Yellow and Green)
- Onions
- Cucumbers
- Green Beans

A Few of the Things We've Made Recently...

*Prosciutto wrapped Cantaloupe
An appetizer for Jason's birthday Beer Club


*Pot Roast with Mashed Potatoes and Guinness


*Which turned into Beef Stew thereafter


*Tomato Basil Provolone Grilled Cheese



Afterthoughts

1. I didn't take a picture, but I recently learned how to make homemade jam.  It was pretty easy.  I am a jam-maker now.

2. I also made a homemade pumpkin bread from scratch this week (oops - no pic).  It was great to have in the morning the first week of school.  A nice alternative to the usual, boring Nutragrain bar.

3. I am going to make an apple pie out of the apples we've acquired this weekend.  Pictures to come.  Happy Labor Day!






No comments:

Post a Comment